Sara Meaney will lead a session on managing and preserving social media content at the National Conference on Managing Electronic Records (MER)
. Along with Jesse Wilkins of AIIM international, Meaney will discuss a practical approach for organizations to manage their social media content as records.
Social media is significantly changing the ways organizations do business and interact with their clients and many businesses have incorporated social media tools into their business processes. As the amount of content generated by social media tools increases, so does the need to manage them successfully.
In this session, Meaney will cover such topics as:
- Current use of social media in business and government
- Overcoming legal and operational challenges (privacy, productivity, preservation, etc)
- Analysis of traditional content creation tools and social media tools
- The future of social media tools
- How to manage social media content as part of an established RIM program
For a full description of the session and registration information, click here