With goals to gain Facebook "Likes" (aka fans), acquire email addresses for future email marketing and build long-term relationships with new customers, we instituted social media programs from inception.
Facebook, Twitter and editorial / blogger outreach are key to the overall marketing success of Kmart Design. Its Facebook site even implemented new, breakthrough shopping capabilities via Shop by Video technology, as well as opportunities for fan comments and photo uploads. In Fall 2010 we added a special promotion to the Kmartdesign.com and throughout the social sphere. Blogger outreach, Facebook, Twitter and Pebble are used in conjunction with the site promotion, email and paid Facebook advertising to build an even larger community of Kmart believers.
By relating personally to consumers, general social media results include:
- Over 1,215,000 video views
- Over 14,000 Twitter followers
- Over 20,000 Facebook fans
Though the promotion is ongoing, it is considered highly successful and sets a benchmark for future integrated promotions. Milestones include:
- 33 million unique views of editorial features, some of which led to viral features picked up by The New York Times
- Over 1.5 million Twitter impressions in one week
- Over 1 million blog impressions in one week
- Over 2,000 email addresses secured via Facebook and site signup
- Well over 550 photo views of the fall fashion campaign on Facebook
- Over 230 Facebook fans added in one day, a result of editorial outreach