Some see a brand as merely a logo and a tagline. At Hanson Dodge Creative, we know it’s much more. That’s why our brand strategies are far-reaching. And why we cull insights and beliefs from your team, the consumer and the market, and weave those insights into a strategy and three-year roadmap that will integrate with and help drive the strategic plan of the organization.
We’ve been creating brands for some of the greatest companies in the world for more than 30 years. During that time, our approach has identified 16 key components that every brand strategy should include:
1. Competitive Analysis - Who are your key competitors, what can you learn from them and what will it take to outperform them? Differentiation is crucial for your brand to stand out in a crowded marketplace.
2. Why? - What is the fundamental purpose behind your business that inspires everyone in the organization to do what they do -- and love doing it?
3. Brand Architecture - How does your brand fit into a larger brand portfolio? How will it evolve over time? How does your brand support your approach to product development?
4. Creative Elements - Everything you need to put your brand into action (e.g., logo, palette, typography, imagery, verbal tone, etc.).
5. Position - What is the fundamental idea that you own in the consumer’s mind?
6. Promise - What is the value that you promise to deliver to the consumer?
Download the infographic below or in the left sidebar for the other seven key components to a killer brand strategy.