HD began with a robust research and analysis phase to lay the foundation for an integrated strategy and three-year digital roadmap. HD conducted primary research with internal stakeholders, as well as current and prospective ASQ members across the globe. HD also reviewed performance analytics for the website and supporting digital channels to understand current on-site behavior and identify areas for growth and improvement.
Using the knowledge and insights gained in the initial phases of the program, HD constructed an integrated three-year roadmap for ASQ to provide its audiences with a best-in-class digital ecosystem. The roadmap spanned a broad set of considerations to address ASQ’s digital maturity, including marketing, content, website experience, technology and operations. Ultimately, the roadmap detailed the steps needed to increase membership, drive new revenue and foster relationships with younger audiences that represent the members of the future.
To deliver the promise of a best-in-class experience, HD immediately addressed several critical areas of the ASQ.org website:
- Clean, modern, mobile-friendly design. HD created an appealing, engaging and easy-to-scan visual design that works effectively on any device.
- Updated Information Architecture (IA). To better serve the needs of ASQ’s many audiences and industries, and provide more effective organization of over 21,000 pages of content.
- Redesigned User Experience (UX). The redesigned site experience more effectively leverages content, media, design and UI to elevate the ASQ brand, boost user satisfaction and drive conversion in terms of both revenue and membership.
- Organic search optimization. HD conducted an extensive content audit and also implemented best practices to aid in a smooth transition and maximize organic visibility and traffic in the future.
- New technology with Sitecore CMS as the foundation. Sitecore provides ASQ with a flexible and powerful framework to manage and deliver the redesigned experience. Sitecore’s featureset enables ASQ ability to evolve and grow, including launching personalization and expanding content marketing.
*YOY comparison of 2016-2017 as reported in Google Analytics